ATEG Archives

November 2017

From:
Sean Ruday <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2017 21:07:37 -0400
Hello ATEG Community!

I'm excited to announce that the 2018 ATEG Conference will be held at
Rowan University in Glassboro, NJ on July 27th and 28th.

The conference theme is Grammar Rising: A New Age of Grammar
Instruction. The full theme description is below and is also available
at www.ateg.weebly.com.

It's a fascinating time to teach English grammar: revised and rigorous
state standards call for teachers to focus on grammar instruction at
the same time that technology-rich communication has reconceptualized
key aspects of the English language. How does one teach English
grammar in a world where a written message may be supplemented by a DJ
Khaled GIF, Ryan Gosling meme, or goat emoji? What mentor texts and
strategies can we use to communicate the importance of grammar to our
students? At this year's ATEG Conference, we'll investigate the
relevance of grammar to today's society and explore ways that
effective language instruction in 2018 is not only important, but
perhaps even more significant than ever.  ATEG is dedicated to
teaching practices that embrace societal changes and help students
understand the importance of grammar to today's world.

#GrammarRising

Information on submitting proposals and registering is coming soon!

All the best,
Sean

Sean Ruday, Ph.D.
ATEG Co-President
Associate Professor of English Education
Longwood University
@SeanRuday