ATEG Archives

August 2006

From:
"Stahlke, Herbert F.W." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:49:54 -0400
Eduard,

I was writing in the context of the Scope and Sequence program, where the goal is to provide developmentally appropriate grammar instruction that build as students are ready to master new concepts, principles, analyses, etc.  Whether you want to call this one or several grammars doesn't make a whole lot of difference.  As a university-level teacher, not K-12, I see my role as a step or two removed.  I can provide content and can assist with the development of content, but I wouldn't pretend to any expertise in K12 curriculum and pedagogy.  That I'll gratefully leave to those on the list who are specialized in these areas.

Herb