ATEG Archives

March 2006

From:
Martha Kolln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:22:33 -0500
Dear Friends,

In a recent post Nancy mentioned that she hoped to attend the ATEG
conference in July so that she could put faces with some of the names
she's been meeting in our grammar conversations here.

I share her feeling.  I would love to see the faces that go with such
familiar names as Herb and Bruce and Christine and Phil and John E.D.
and Allison and Cynthia and Eduard and Larry and, of course, Nancy.
Many other frequent names on the listServ, I'm happy to say, have
faces that are already familiar to me.  And I always look forward to
meeting up with them again.

I'm pleased to see the conversations regarding transportation to
Fairfield;  apparently plans are being made.   We have high hopes of
attracting many old and new faces this year.

This year's conference (theme:  "The Power of Patterns")  has a new
twist: We are partnering with the Connecticut Writing Project.
That's good news.  As far as I know, the National Writing Project has
never been known for its promotion of grammar.  This is an important
foot in the door.

I want to encourage all of you to attend.  If you've never been to an
ATEG conference, you've missed something special.  It's nothing like
NCTE or 4Cs or any of the other biggies.  At ATEG we all get to know
one another; we get to hear nearly all the presentations.  We
socialize.  We talk.  Even if you go alone, you won't be alone when
you get there.

And I know Amy would like to hear from you with proposals.  For more
information and registration information, please log on to the ATEG
website (ateg.org).  Amy would like to hear from those who will need
a hotel room--so she will have an estimate for scheduling a block of
rooms.

So when you make your summer plans, please do put ATEG on the schedule.

Best regards,

Martha