ATEG Archives

January 1999

From:
Judy Diamondstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 23:46:23 -0000
Are these comments about how important it is for students
to learn grammar motivated by the message I sent about
using systemic functional grammar? -- that it informs
my course but I don't teach the "whole apparatus" ?
I'm curious.

Judith

At 05:06 PM 1/7/99 +0000, you wrote:
>As a middle school English teacher, I must reiterate what Kimberly said.
>Everything she mentioned is so true!!!!!  Teach them grammar and make
>them learn!!  No matter how much they complain, they will need it when
>they begin teaching themselves!!!!
>
>Cari

Judith Diamondstone  (732) 932-7496  Ext. 352
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1183

Eternity is in love with the productions of time - Wm Blake