ATEG Archives

June 2008

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:41:32 -0400
I learned that particular exception in school, that if two nouns are very closely related the subject can be treated as singular.  This works particularly well when there is an article on the first noun and not on the second.

Herb

Herbert F. W. Stahlke, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of English
Ball State University