ATEG Archives

July 2006

From:
Phil Bralich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:04:02 -0400
There is no vote here.  And I doubt that there are more than one or two who have their hackles up on this rather trivial issue.  And even if there were one-hundred to one, the arguments I am providing are lucid and effective what is coming back is not.   Paul's solution to use "parts of speech" with "word class" as an appositive is intelligent and would likely give the movement a little more staying power.  But it cannot be said clearly enough -- thinking you can eliminate or replace the term "Parts of Speech" is delusional.

Phil Bralich