ATEG Archives

September 2006

From:
Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:46:33 -0500
Not being a terminology type, I had to go luck up "conjunctive adverbs" and
found the following:
"accordingly, again, also, besides consequently, finally, furthermore,
however, indeed, moreover, nevertheless, otherwise, then, therefore, and
thus."

Shazzam!  It's tech talk for transition words!  And here's my take on the
"name game" - I have lived for a long time without ever hearing the term
"c-a" (for short), and I have to ask myself what's more useful to my
students, and the answer is clearly "transition words."

Geoff Layton