ATEG Archives

June 1995

From:
MICHAEL BURRIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 17:26:39 -0400
Grammarians:  Please correct this, in lieu of current grammar rules.
Thanks, Mike Burris

June 26, 1995

Mr. Thomas M. Ryan,
President & Chief Executive Officer
Consumer Value Stores
1 CVS Drive
Woonsocket, RI. 02895

Dear Mr. Ryan:

I am writing you in regards to your stationary notebooks sold at many of
your CVS Pharmacy Stores.

On occasion , I purchase your CVS Mead, college ruled, 200 sheets, ring
bound notebooks.  A few months ago, I noticed a change in type of material
used on the front cover.

The previous notebooks used a stiffer, multi-colored cardboard front cover.
Your newer ones use a thinner cover that bends too easily, and thus leaves
an ugly crease.   I feel this change in materials gives the notebook a
cheap appearance.  Would you please consider returning to the former
materials you previously used ?

Fortunately , I have found some of the older type notebooks at your CVS
Store in Bedford, Massachusetts. This will meet my needs for the immediate
future.

I hope you will consider my comments for future reference.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Burris