ATEG Archives

April 2008

From:
rbetting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:53:22 -0500
Another example, so not entirely unusual. In yesterday's Forum under the
headline story of a kidnapping:  "The guy had other ideas. He pulled out a
gun. 'You're giving me a ride,' he said.
       Soon, the 23-year-old Fargo woman was in her car with a man who first
demanded she drive him to the Moorhead Mac's store, then threatened to rape
and kill her behind the row of businesses on Highway 10."
    Most of the rest of the story is written in more typical journalistic
simple-sentence style. I wonder if the writer (Andrea D) could explain the
grammar of her sentence.
Dick Betting