ATEG Archives

July 2000

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:01:36 -0700
David has hit the nail squarely on the head (read NAIL as direct object
...)! There's nothing more disheartening to the novice than to have two,
three, four, or more new bits of jargon to learn when each one refers to the
same phenomenon!

Who was it who said, "Never use a big word when a diminutive one will do?"

Paul E. Doniger
The Gilbert School