ATEG Archives

August 2001

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:41:06 -0400
There are some good movies about high school English teachers that
occasionally touch on language, though they mostly focus on the difficulties
of working with teens or trying to keep one's integrity in an undervalued
profession. Two good ones that come to mind are _Up The Down Staircase_ and
_Blackboard Jungle_.

I'm not sure, Liz, if this is the sort of film you were asking about in your
posting.

Paul E. Doniger