ATEG Archives

October 2007

From:
"Atchley, Clinton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 08:24:35 -0500
A good place to start is Pause and Effect: [great title] Punctuation in the West by M.B. Parkes.  Parkes traces the development of punctuation and provides lots of plates of manuscripts for illustrations of scribal practice.  He begins with the origins and traces the development through the Middle Ages at least.  I'm not sure how far into the present he goes.  I'm at home now and my copy is in my office at school.  If you want me to check anything, I'll be happy to do so when I get to the office.

Best,
Clint

Clinton Atchley, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Director, Master of Liberal Arts Program
Box 7652
Henderson State University
Arkadelphia, AR  71999
Phone:  870.230.5276