ATEG Archives

July 2001

From:
S K Casson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:40:50 +0100
I'd be interested to know why the other camp maintains the verb should be
plural agreement? Is it because they state that information is
a plural noun (like 'data')? Or is
it because they feeling that 'learning information' and 'assimilating
information' are implied (i.e. there is ellipsis) and thus plural
agreement is required in the first instance (but not the second).
In either case, I don't agree.