ATEG Archives

March 1999

From:
Susan Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 12:54:17 -0600
At 12:18 PM 3/26/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I have been watching this discussion with interest. There is (was)
somewhat general agreement that the description of the grammar to be taught
should be the first priority. Might I suggest that we need a few people to
step forward with lists of the constructions/concepts that they think need
to be included in the K-12 grammar curriculum.

Perhaps concepts might be most useful, or principles to use in determining
what is important.  I'm also interested in hearing what kinds of methods
others have found most useful in teaching grammar concepts, and why you
think specific approaches are more effective or useful.

Susan Mari Witt

240 ERML, MC-051
1201 W. Gregory
Urbana, IL  61801