ATEG Archives

July 2001

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:09:02 -0400
All this is good information, but there is one more warning. MLA requires
the titles of works of art (painting, sculpture, etc.) to be underlined or
placed in italics, not in quotation marks. This particular example wasn't a
good one. What Jeff says, however, is correct for things like the titlea of
single poems (not a book length poem, however), for example.

Paul E. Doniger