ATEG Archives

December 2010

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:05:19 -0500
Craig and John,

I've heard it spoken as well, sometimes from undergrads but more often from people in the community who are trying to speak formally. I think it fits in with other non-standard uses of wh-relatives reflecting their marginal status outside of Standard English.

Herb