ATEG Archives

November 2005

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:51:16 -0500
Bill,
    I would read "cautions" as verbal process.  If so, the participants
would be "sayer" and "receiver".
     He does use "actor" as a participant in a material process clause.
 Since these are the easiest to deal with in an introduction of the
concept of subject function, it's possible to mistake what he's saying
by not reading his full treatment of transitivity.
    I wish I had read your post before firing mine off.  You handle the
three subject functions succinctly.
Craig