ATEG Archives

November 2000

From:
"Haussamen, Brock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:13:53 -0500
Max,
    Could you give us some examples of the concepts and applications you
mention here--not just in Ray's book but in your use of it?  I find that
although the application of grammar to reading literature and to style in
writing is a crucial goal, the good ideas for making those connections are
few and far between.  I am especially interested in the potential use of
knowing grammar to support reading (comprehending difficult texts, reading
poetry, as well as viewing the craft) in addition to writing.

Brock