ATEG Archives

August 2001

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:02:23 -0400
Of course, the problem is not that list members are sending attachments to
the list. This attachment comes from a "non-list member" who somehow got the
list to forward his or her message. The important thing is that we remain
suspicious of attachments from unrecognized sources or with unclear, generic
titles. Personally, I recognized this as suspicious as soon as I saw the
attachment icon and the sender's "name" (I was SPAMmed by anhvu@ once
already). Keeping anti-virus software updated is also a good idea.

I wonder if there is any way we can filter out messages like that one before
they get posted to the list? But I'm not sure how other lists handle this
sort of problem.

Paul E. Doniger