ATEG Archives

August 1999

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:22:07 -0400
Bravo to Bill!

Teachers not only need more precise training that is directly related to
what the writing process IS, but we also need on-going mentoring in the art
of teaching the process. In addition, any system worth its salt would
develop the program dynamically - from K to 12 (or perhaps from 3 to 12?)  -
providing support all through the program.

When you say that we (certified K-12 teachers, in particular, like myself)
are given one-shot workshops followed by NOTHING, you are hitting the nail
so squarely on the head that it sinks into the wood on the first blow!

Thanks,

Paul D.