ATEG Archives

March 1998

From:
Martha Kolln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:49:45 -0500
I am pleased to see the requests for information about ATEG, which meets
this summer in Seattle.  The Conference will be held July 17 and 18 at
North Seattle Community College.  For registration information, write to
Michael Kischner at NSCC.  You can reach him at 206-528-4540.  His e-mail
address is    [log in to unmask]   (His snail mail address is
N.S.C.C. Seattle 98103.

Please send proposals for the program to me:  Martha Kolln, 3628 Buffalo
Run Road, Bellefonte, PA  16823  We are interested in any topic that
touches grammar:  classroom methods at all levels, research, applied
linguistics, ESL,  stylistics, language acquisition,  language development,
the reading/grammar connection, the whole language/grammar connection.  You
name it.

You'll find yourself in a whole new environment when you attend an ATEG
Conference--the G word is in the spotlight for a change.  We don't all
agree about the hows and the whens  and the whats of teaching grammar, you
understand--but  I think we all agree there's a place in the curriculum
that it should occupy.  We all learn a lot.  And we're all nice people!

So I do encourage you to participate.   Either  Michael or I will be glad
to send you information.

And did I mention that the Northwest is a beautiful place to spend some
time in July?

Best regards,

Martha Kolln