ATEG Archives

October 2005

From:
Christine Reintjes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:25:04 +0000
Ed,

Thanks for your comments.  You know the saying.."Think globally, act
locally"?

What if this group came up with a priority list and our members worked on
introducing it in our local schools? I'm a great believer in grassroots
movements. Maybe someone on this list could write a paper on the results.

I've been thinking about interviewing public school English teachers  to get
to know where they are coming from and what they need. My community college
students really like my descriptive perspective on dialects. They have so
many stories of painful experiences around their native dialects being
labeled bad, wrong, stupid and defective.

Let me know your thoughts.

--

Christine Reintjes Martin