ATEG Archives

August 2004

From:
Christine Reintjes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:58:54 +0000
I am confused about this discussion. I thought the offensive expression was
"the wife" not "my wife."

I have never heard "the husband" used, so there is a sense of sexism
associated with this expression, in my mind at least.

But the expressions "my husband" or "my wife" seem totally innocuous to me.

Christine Martihn

--

Christine Reintjes Martin