ATEG Archives

June 2008

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:16:16 -0400
Koine Greek was similar, and, of course, there was little punctuation at that time.  Bible translators generally work from the current scholarly editions of the Greek text, which are carefully punctuated, but if one looks at, for example, the letters of Paul, deciding what the boundaries of a sentence are is neither easy nor obvious.  This is true of other ancient authors as well, and in any language where the early writing system didn't punctuate.

Herb

Herbert F. W. Stahlke, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of English
Ball State University