ATEG Archives

November 2006

From:
Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:11:20 -0600
Elizabeth -

I've been doing a little reading recently on freewriting, and it was
interesting to note that its proponents are shocked when students insist on
following a structure when they write.  If only the freewrite teachers would
consider grammar as something that actually spurs creativity rather than
inhibits it, they might find that "free-writes" can become
"valuable-writes."

Geoff Layton