ATEG Archives

February 2008

From:
"Katz, Seth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:29:01 -0600
On GW Bush saying "nucular" (as did Jimmy Carter--who was a nuclear engineer!): I have heard tell that in the televised Texas gubernatorial debates, Bush did not speak as he has for the past 8 years, but rather sounded much more like the articulate, Yale-educated, upper-class Northeasterner that he actually is.  The folksy, aw-shucks, malapropistic Bush is a character that he and his handlers created to make him a more marketable candidate. Does anyone know if this is true: that Bush did not always speak publicly as he does now?

BTW: I do not believe that Bill Clinton, George HW Bush, or Ronald Reagan said "nucular."

Best--
Seth

Dr. Seth Katz
Assistant Professor