ATEG Archives

December 2000

From:
"Wollin, Edith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:47:22 -0800
The only quarrel that I have with what Martha has said is the statement that
the absolutes are used exclusively in writing. I have in fact heard them on
local weather reports! Maybe Seattle has such elegant weather that it must
be described in this elegant structure! (I can hardly wait to hear that
elegant is not the judgment that should be made!)And I have heard them once
in a while on NPR--there in more narrative context giving details. The
weatherman used it in the cause way.
Edith Wollin