ATEG Archives

June 1995

From:
EDWARD VAVRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 14:54:50 -0400
When I posted the ATEG conference schedule
yesterday, I didn't stop to think that there
might be a lot of new subscribers on this list.
As a result, I omitted some basic information:

    This year's ATEG conference is in
Williamsport, PA (the middle of the state). The
registration fee is $50, plus $10 for the
pre-conference workshop. The $50
registration fee includes the year's dues for
the Assembly for the Teaching of English
Grammar (and the newsletter). Area hotels run
around $40.

    Membership in ATEG is $7.50 and includes 4
issues (usually) of the newsletter SYNTAX IN
THE SCHOOLS. Send a check payable to
ATEG to the address below.

     Several people have asked about the
proceedings of previous conferences. As of
now, they are available in book form only, and
cost $7.50 each. If you are not in a hurry for
them, don't rush. We may be able to provide a
discount for people who want copies from all
the conferences. If you are in a hurry, send a
check payable to ATEG to:

Ed Vavra
30 Marvin Circle
Williamsport, PA 17701

     It would be nice to make the proceedings
available on the Net, but I'm not sure of the
legal implications. Some ATEG members are
looking to establish an FTP where
bibliographies, membership lists, conference
proceedings, and articles from the newsletter
could be stored  for electronic retrieval. This
will be discussed at the conference.