ATEG Archives

October 2005

From:
William McCleary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:59:40 -0700
In my former role as supervisor of student teachers, I saw DOL or
something like it being used several times. A few teachers got their
exercises from a book, but others took them from students' own
writing.

Most teachers who were mentoring my student teachers did not use DOL.
I don't know whether that was because they tended to be more
enlightened than some others I could mention.

The DOL type of exercise always came first in the classes I observed.
For unruly classes, it was a good way of getting the class settled
down. That's something, at least.

Bill