ATEG Archives

April 1999

From:
Martha Kolln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:13:38 -0400
>> Dear ATEG listserve colleagues,
>>
>>       Now that you've put the tax forms in the mail and are wondering what
>> other chores you can finish off, think about that paper you were hoping to
>> give at the ATEG conference on July 14 and 15 at Raritan Valley Community
>> College in New Jersey.  The topic is rich, the audience is congenial, and
>> the process is simple.  Send in a paragraph describing your paper.
>> Individual papers usually run about 20 minutes, and we welcome proposals
>> for joint or panel presentations as well.
>>       Send me your proposal by e-mail ([log in to unmask]) or snail
>> mail (Raritan Valley Community College, P.O. Box 3300, Somerville, N J,
>> 08876).  Include an address to which I can mail information in June.  You
>> can read about conference costs and other details at
>> www.pct.edu/courses/evavra/ATEG/nextconf.htm.
>>        Proposals should be in by May 1, but if they get here a little
>> late, that's okay--maybe you were running behind on the taxes.
>>         I hope to see many of you this summer.
>>
>> Brock Haussamen

Dear Brock and fellow ATEGers:

As president of ATEG, I would like to add my invitation to Brock's and
encourage you to take part in our annual summer conference.

Our conference is small in size--but what it lacks in size, it makes up for
in every other way: enthusiasm, good conversation, productive ideas,
camaraderie, scholarship, and high spirits (who can forget Rei Noguchi's
explication of a certain four-letter word last summer in Seattle?).
There's simply no other place where you'll find grammar conversations like
you will at ATEG.  And I know you'll take back to your classroom ideas
about grammar that you can use, ideas that may stimulate your own research.

Please consider taking part in the program.  If you've never before
presented at a conference, ATEG is a terrific place to start.  And of
course we're looking forward to hearing from the old-timers too--with their
new ideas.  Every grammar-related topic is welcome.

Please join us at Raritan Valley Community College in July.

Martha Kolln