ATEG Archives

March 2009

From:
Larry Beason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:51:16 -0500
These publishers keep buying each other and changing names, but I'm pretty certain that the Allyn and Bacon printing I have is now the same as the Longman, which I think bought out Allyn & Bacon.

Larry

Larry Beason
Associate Professor & Composition Director
Dept. of English, 240 HUMB
Univ. of South Alabama
Mobile AL 36688
(251) 460-7861
>>> John Dews-Alexander <[log in to unmask]> 03/25/09 9:47 PM >>>
The copy I have of *Grammar in the Classroom* (1990) by Mark Lester is
published by Macmillan Publishing Company, a Simon & Schuster Company.
However, it seems to be out of print.

It appears that he has a newer text called *Grammar and Usage in the
Classroom* (2000) that is published by Longman. Perhaps this is the same
text but revised and updated (and here I am gabbing on about an out of print
text all this time, tsk tsk).

Larry, I don't see a Lester grammar text published by Allyn and Bacon. Am I
missing one? If so, I'd love to look at it!

John Alexander