ATEG Archives

February 2008

From:
Linda Comerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 16:28:20 -0500
Yes, I too have heard some folks who are adamant about this because some
former English teacher harped on them that "A roasted turkey is done; people
are finished."  I marvel at how those stay with people.

All I really remember from my high school English class is my teacher was
get livid repeatedly because folks would mispronounce the word "conduit"
like "con-do-it."  According to him and some source he cited frequently, it
was supposed to be pronounced "con-dit."

My goal as a teacher is to leave my students with more meaningful memories
than something like that!

Linda

Linda Comerford
317.786.6404