ATEG Archives

August 2001

From:
"Kathleen M. Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:40:15 -0700
I used Morenberg's book for a year myself.  The level was right and
the students were -- well, less unenthusiastic than they often are.
The organization, however, drove me nuts.

I've used Burton-Roberts __Analysing Sentences__, with some success.
I like the organization, but it's not a good book for students unless
you provide extensive navagational tools.

This year I'm trying Kersti Borjars and Kate Burridge's _Introducing
English Grammar_.  Not enough exercises, but, at this point, I have
plenty of exercises of my own.

We'll see.

KMW