ATEG Archives

August 2000

From:
JEFF GLAUNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:53:14 -0500
I like Max's idea of taking the simplist, most straight-forward approach to
such matters as whether to classify a word as preposition or subordinating
conjunction.  In the face of accusations that grammar is too complex for
students to learn, we should always seek the least complex analysis that
still tells the truth.  Of course, our coming to agreement upon which
analysis that entails might be a journey through flames.

Jeff Glauner
Park University