ATEG Archives

December 2000

From:
Robert Einarsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:16:09 -0700
Hi Sharon,

You wrote about not having a lot of grammar experience in your
own academic career:

>A K-6 teacher's major was elementary
> education, not grammar, or English Literature, or
> science or social studies for that matter, and if you
> respect this fact and the fact that we do ask, do
> teach, and want to do it correctly, then I would love
> to stay on this listserv.

I think that's true for many people, including a lot of us on this list
serve. Grammar is not usually a big component of academics.
Most of us are in the same situation as you, trying to "teach
ourselves grammar" as best we can.

Glad to hear that this list is working for you!

Sincerely, Robert Einarsson
please visit me at
www.artsci.gmcc.ab.ca/people/einarssonb