ATEG Archives

July 1999

Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 21:53:13 +0000
  Excuse me!  I did not read the "for" group of words  well!  Just as some
of my students might have, I only read to "tourists"!  Yikes!  Now, having
learned to read, I would offer this opinion:  "...for the entertainment of
tourists is the business of the place" is an adverbial clause modifying the
verb "are."   Why are there many hotels?   Because the entertainment of
tourists is the business of the place.

Do you know why I can step right out here in the middle of all you scholars
and offer my opinion?
Let me tell you why!

The park board  is offering,  incredibly, a new "Over 50" water aerobics
class in town ,  for the widening of the potential number of pool users is
goal of the class,  which, as you may not have known,  is located in the
shallow end of the pool----a pool that I never dared enter before taday!

But now I can do anything!   Even suggest possibly pathetic answers to
grammar questions while in the company of folks obviously better educated
than I!

>There are, indeed, many hotels, for the entertainment of tourists is the
>business of  the place, which, as many travelers will remember, is seated
>upon the edge of a remarkably blue lake--a lake that it behooves every
>tourist to visit.

      The DollyMama
Money can't buy you love,
and love is what is truly important in this
life.  Put people before things, always.