ATEG Archives

February 1998

From:
Michael Kischner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:48:42 -0800
True, beginning students cannot use Reed-Kellogg diagramming to analyze
the sentences they themselves write.  I have to give them prepared
sentences.  But isn't that the case with ANY system of syntatic analysis?
Don't beginning students, l;eft to themselves, always naturally create
sentences that they cannot analyze whatever the system we're taching them?