ATEG Archives

January 2001

From:
"Donehew, Pam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:04:18 -0500
As an ATEG listserv "reader" that works "in the trenches," LIKE and BE are
words I encounter frequently.  As with most slang, I inform students that
these words may be part of our informal speaking (and occasional informal
writing) vocabularies BUT they have no place in formal use.

Pamela K. Donehew
Reading/English Instructor
West Georgia Technical College
303 Fort Drive