ATEG Archives

April 1997

From:
William J McCleary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:44:14 -0700
People still diagram sentences? Or has diagramming made a comeback? When
did this come about?

Students often ask me if I diagrammed sentences "in the old days" and if I
can show them how it was done. I accommodate them as best I can, although I
last diagrammed a sentence as an English teacher in about 1964--except for
tree diagrams, of course.

Bill McCleary

William J. McCleary                     Editor: Composition Chronicle
Associate Prof. of English              Viceroy Publications
Coordinator of Secondary English        3247 Bronson Hill Road
SUNY at Cortland                        Livonia, NY 14487
[log in to unmask]         [log in to unmask]