ATEG Archives

March 2005

From:
Nancy Tuten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:20:34 -0500
I really don't understand how the clause in the second sentence can be anything other than an appositive. Adding commas doesn't change a thing. In fact, by the "old rules," if we put in the commas, we should change "which" to "that," and clearly that won't work. As one person said, the fact that "which" won't work TELLS us that the clause is clearly an appositive.

Nancy