ATEG Archives

June 2006

From:
Nancy Tuten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:26:04 -0400
It is great fun to be at a meeting of English professors trying to decide
whether or not the students on the English Majors Society tee-shirt
committee need to put an apostrophe on the new shirt they are about to
order. We finally decided that since the national EMS organization treats it
as an attributive noun and not as a possessive, we would, too.

But oh, the lively discussion!

Nancy

Nancy L. Tuten, PhD
Professor of English
Director of the Writing-across-the-Curriculum Program
Columbia College
Columbia, South Carolina
803-786-3706