ATEG Archives

September 2006

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 14:58:50 -0400
   There is much to admire about the statement, but it does fall short of
calling for a systematic teaching of grammar as part of the curriculum.
So I would ask the authors whether they did so out of conviction or out
of the constraint of writing a position that NCTE would accept. NCTE
may be softening on that position, but they have opposed scope and
sequence in the past. One reason for constructing a scope and sequence
under our own umbrella is that we would not need to water anything
down.

Craig>

  Indeed! David--- On Wed 09/06, Stahlke, Herbert F.W. &lt;