ATEG Archives

September 2001

From:
Maciek Traczyk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:52:11 +0200
On 22-9-2001 13:24, "Ed Vavra" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  But there are many English teachers who cannot identify
> subjects and verbs, clauses, participles, etc. i.e., the basic structures of
> English.
I cannot imagine that!? In Poland you wouldn't even be able to finish
primary school without such basics... Not to mention becoming a _teacher_.
>    To do so, we do not need to discuss many (most?) of the constructions that
> are discussed on this list. Rather, for example, we need to enable students to
> identify prepositional phrases and subjects and verbs in their own writing,
That's a very good point. To make it more interesting for the students you
can always use _funny_ sentences (e.g. "My stupid professor made us work
again").

Have a nice weekend!

MACiek   :-)

Tel:+48-608-632-223
War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and
multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses. -Thomas Jefferson, author,
architect, and third U.S. president (1743-1826)