ATEG Archives

September 2001

From:
Robert Einarsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:35:35 -0600
I have listened to anti-American ideology being intertwined with
academic discussion all of my adult life.

Did you ever find an English department or a Arts Faculty that was
not saturated with ideology?

Personally, I've endured practically _nothing but_ ideological
discussion in academic circles for years on end.

So why is it all of a sudden against the rules of academic
discourse for ME to say something ideological?

Meanwhile, who sets the rules for academic discussions? Who's to
say?  It's all relative.  Your academic culture just doesn't fit with
mine so mind your own business and don't tell me what I can and
cannot say.  Don't gag my voice.

Marxist-leftists academics are experts at using language in
creative new ways to intimidate, distort, and propagandize.

So now, this is Robert using language in his own little way to tell
them to SHUT UP.

Sorry if it borders on flaming (gasp!).

I did not "flame" the WTC, and do I write little articles saying how
the Americans get what they deserve for pissing off off the wrong
terrorists.

> While I certainly agree that what happened on Tuesday is an unforgivable
> offense against all humankind, I would hope that people would avoid
> ideological pronouncements on this list along the lines of Marxists being
> 'the enemy within'. There is sure to be a wide spectrum of viewpoints on
> this list, including some who do not choose to see only the positive side
> of US policy. I especially do not  appreciate having groups or individuals
> singled out and being told that it is time to "shut up". That is not
> respectful, and is hardly in line with free speech and freedom from
> intimidation. It borders on flaming.
>
> I do not intend with this remark to start an ideological debate. There are
> plenty of venues on the Internet for ideological debate, or individuals
> can duke it out off-list. Let's reserve this list for grammar disputes and
> ideology that relates directly to grammar education. I appreciate
> expressions of sadness such as Martha's, but let's stay out of specific
> ideological debates.

Sincerely, Robert Einarsson
please visit me at
http://www.artsci.gmcc.ab.ca/people/einarssonb