ATEG Archives

December 2000

From:
Sharon Godiska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:39:35 -0800
I am sixth grade language arts teacher, and well,
would love to use this listserv as an aid to the
grammatical questions that I come across from time to
time.  Actually, my question actually stems from the
current discussion on the "nominative absolute."  I
hate to admit this, but I need this explained in more
elementary terms. Basically, how could I explain this
sentence to a sixth grader? If I had to analyze it on
my own, I would probably say there is a very simple
independent clause and some sort of dependent clause,
although lacking a subordinate conjunction.

You asked. Here I am.

Thanks,
Sharon

http://shopping.yahoo.com/