CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:44:24 -0500
On Aug 23,  5:02pm, Dean Money wrote:

> I trust most of your musical tastes on this group. So I thought
> I'd ask.  Anybody have any opinions on October Project...?

I've only heard 3 of their songs: "Bury My Lovely" from _October
Project_, and "Sunday Morning Yellow Sky" and "Adam & Eve" from
_Falling Further In_.  They're all good.  The lead singer kind
of reminds me of Annie Lennox of Eurythmics as far as the pitch
and timbre of her voice, but not in style.  They're more melodic
and laid-back -- although those are not really accurate terms
to describe them.

I can't think right away of another band to compare them to.
That's probably a good thing.  I know there are people on this
list who like the O.P., because I've seen it mentioned here before.
Maybe somebody could dub you a track or two on a cassette.

--Steve