CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Ring <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:43:59 -0400
At 11:04 AM 8/27/96 -0700, you wrote:
>This brings me to my second topic.  The friend mentioned above told me not
>long after we'd bought all the CDs out at the time, about a band he'd heard
>had a link to the Connells.  He said that some of the members used to be in
>a band called the Sex Police.  We searched for some trace of evidence of
>this band but found none.  I filed it away until last night when flipping
>through the channels on the TV, I saw Darius Rucker sporting a Sex Police
>T-shirt.  Thus, I bring my question to the only panel of experts that I
>know on this subject.

I'm not really old enough to answer this question (I'm only 19) but as I
recall, the sex police were a band that played the same NC & SC scene that
the connells frequented during the late 80's.  I don't think that any
members of the connells were in the sex police, however peele did play the
drums for johnny quest before/while he played them for the connells.
Speaking of this, I believe it was in 1992 when the Connells, the sex police
and johnny quest all played the delta sig lawn party here in raleigh.

anyone know anymore?

kevin
Kevin Ring [log in to unmask]
Check out Technician On-Line- NC State University's Student Newspaper
http://www2.ncsu.edu/unity/project/www/stud_pubs/Technician