CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
david smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 13:45:42 +0000
Some random thoughts of the show at the 9:30 club last night:
This makes 11 times I saw them, and would have to say the
crowd was the lamest of them all!  The club was only about 65-70%
capacity, so that may have had something to do with it!

Still, I had a great time, and the band seemed to enjoy it too.
I was able to meet several great people from this list...
Josh, and Bridgett, Jamie & friends, Matt and Stephanie, am i forgetting
anyone?  They seemed to be having a good time as well.

The band's new stuff sounded great live, I'll have to give the album
a few more listens. Some of the highlights for me included "New Boy",
and when Matt Johnson was confused for a third Connells brother!
Made me seriously consider making the drive to see them next fri
in Jersey!

Everyone who met me got their free tix, and promo merchandise,
except for bridgette who I couldnt find after the show!  (call me, I'll
mail it)
Speaking of promo stuff, I was chastised by the manager of the club
because
the Connells postcards I was giving out had the address from
the record release party at the Bayou on the backs of some of them!
Ooops!

As far as everyone else who wrote me asking for posters, and promo
merch.,
expect it by next week.  I cant take any more requests unless I get more
promo stuff next time they come through.  Final tally of my little
informal
survey I did... out of the 27 people asking for the posters, 23 of them
were
guys!       ... weird

Excuse me if I dont participate on this list anytime soon, gotta do this
promo
thing all over again for the Gravity Kills show at the Ballroom!
<moan>

david
Didnt reckognize the cover they played last night,
but it wasnt the Winn-dixie theme!