CONNELLS Archives

March 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 09:51:04 -0500
Hello everyone,

Comments from the list manager:
1.  The list grows by a couple of people everyday.  I am real pleased at the
rate of growth we have.  If you know people who are interested pass on the
info.  Welcome to the new people and a hearty hello to those of you who have
joined from the digest.

2.  Ring sold in excess of 120,000 copies.  The New Boy ep has sold at least
9,000 (which by the way is good for an ep on a small label).  This makes Ring
the best selling record that the Connells have ever released.  Unfortunately
they signed an 8 record deal with TVT as INDIVIDUALS, this means that TVT has
first option on anything that they as individuals and a band do.  In other
words, George or Doug can't just go to another label if they like.  However,
I do hear from people that TVT is planning on "pushing" the next record.
What exactly that means...we'll have to wait.

3.  No tour plans until the release of the new record.  They may play a
college or two to try the new material live but nothing is going to happen
until the Fall, I believe.  I will contact Black Park (their management
company) and see what I can find out.

4.  I am looking for stories, reviews, and comments for inclusion for a new
digest.  This list grew out of a digest that I started on the Connells
approriately titled:  Boylan Heights.  I am still compiling the digest and
will continue to release it directly to people who don't want to be on the
list and via the list.  So, send ME directly interesting stories and reviews
that you have.  Send them to: [log in to unmask]

Well, that's all I have...

Take care,

Art

"It's you I swear..."