CONNELLS Archives

September 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:24:16 -0700
     "the best there is/ is the rest that was"?  It's one of my favorites,
     and it's brilliant!  The agony of a moment when you feel that all the
     good in your life is now in your PAST and you can't get to it again.
     Pessimistic, but a great lyric.

     The other lyric of course is self-explanatory.  Good luck.

Subject: Re: Whaddaya think?
Author:  The Connells <[log in to unmask]>  at internet
Date:    9/23/98 1:12 PM

Hey!

l personally think that it is an awesome idea :) l even wanted to suggest to
talk about some lyriks because l dont really understand their meanings
sometimes. l mean, i know what the words mean and l can translate them -l am
from germany as you already know maybe- but they dont make sense anyways. so l
support the idea of chyral.
and to start with it, here is my question about soul reactor:

What the heck does "And the best there is, is the rest that was" mean?? l love
that sentence cause it sounds really good speaking it but l am not quite sure
if l understood it right.

Did you notice that Doug's voice sounds like the one of Mick Jagger LOL  When
he sings "....lean onto your soul reactor" it sounds like Mick l think
(especially the "lean" in the end of the song)

Oh l got another question: "It doesn't matter if you're coming out when the
whole damn world is still in doubt" Explanations for that one also welcomed :)

lf all the others think that this is a bad idea then maybe Chyral, we can
discuss the lyrics and stuff on our own ;)

Bye Bye
Raffaela
"Out of boredom I decided I'd get with it" -MikeConnell